This Italian Chicken Salad is everything you are looking for in a salad. Its protein rich, wholesome, scrumptious and very very filling. I am a bit of a salad fan and can literally have salads all day / week. But only if my family were on board! So while I make new recipes for them all the time, salads are my go to. And the Italian Chicken Salad is a surefire winner.
There is something so good about salads, made right, Right? I mean a nicely made salad is foodgasm – give me a shoutout if you agree. And the combination becomes totally lethal when there is well cooked and seasoned chicken in the salad right?.. I should have probably named this blog the ‘Salad Palate’ then?” Err.. too far fetched..
The Italian Chicken Salad is a combination of greens and chicken seasoned in Italian seasoning. Recipe comes together uber quickly (if you have allowed enough time for the chicken to marinate). I usually marinate the chicken well in advance (like a night or two before) but when pressed for time anywhere between 30 mins to 4 hours works fine. Its just that the more time u allow the chicken to marinate the more flavourful your salad can get.
Once you have the chicken marinated to perfection then its just about throwing in your greens and plating it together. From the fridge to plate in under 30 minutes.
Moreover this one is low carb, keto, paleo, whole 30 and everything else. Not to mention how versatile you can make this one – throw in the greens that you like, mix up the other elements as long as the chicken is being marinated perfectly.
Lets get to the recipe then:
Italian Chicken Salad - Paleo, Keto, Healthy
- Mixing bowl
- 2 piece Boneless Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Lollo Rosso Lettuce leaves
- 1 cup Spinach leaves
- 1 Onions
- 1.5 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber finely chopped
- 3 tbsps Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil + 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 tsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsps Avocado oil – 3 tablespoons
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice add more if desired
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 2 tbsps Coriander leaves per serving
- 1.5 tsps Hemp Seeds per serving
- Chop the chicken breasts into cube size pieces and add to a mixing bowl
- Add in the olive oil, avocado oil, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red chilli flakes
- Mix well for for about 5 minutes and make sure all the chicken pieces are coated with the seasoning and the oils
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I like to prepare in advance and leave the chicken to marinate for 4 hours to enjoy the flavour completely
- Chop the greens, onions, tomatoes & cucumber & mix together. This step can be done in advance as well.
- When you are ready to make the salad heat the skillet & add the marinated chicken to it & cook for about 10 - 12 minute on a medium flame on one side.
- There after flip and continue to cook from the other side for 5-7 minutes
- There is no need to add extra oil as the marinated chicken already has enough oils added to it
- When the chicken is almost getting done add 1 tablespoon olive oil (the extra part), balsamic vinegar, juice of 1/2 a lime & salt & pepper to your mixed greens
- To serve add in the mixed greens on the bottom and chicken on top
- Add in more lime juice and garnish with coriandeer leaves and hemp seeds